Science and Technology Department
The Department of Science and Technologies maintains the legacy of the Faculty of Nautical Science whose origins date back to 1919, when the University of Naples "Parthenope" was founded, but besides studying nautical and aeronautical science and technologies, its scientific interests cover issues that currently gain an increasing social importance, such as environmental questions, those pertaining to information technology and science, as well as to biological science.
The Department offers the following degrees:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science;
- Bachelor's Degree in Nautical, Aeronautical, Atmospheric and Oceanographic Science;
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Science;
- Master's Degree in Applied Computer Science;
- Master's Degree in Navigation Science and Technologies;
- Inter-University Master's Degree in Biology and Aquatic Environments (involving the University of Naples Federico II and the University of Naples Parthenope).
In addition to frontal lessons, where students investigate the theoretical aspects of a wide range of scientific disciplines, also confronting with the applicative aspects, the Department offers a series of practical and experimental activities, such as internships, traineeships and theses to be developed at several companies and institutions. Its commitment is to provide up-to-date and adequate knowledge in response to students’ needs, while giving students the opportunity to have a stimulating educational experience.