Foreign University Degree Recognition
The recognition of academic qualifications obtained abroad is regulated by art. 12 of the University's Academic Regulations, if this recognition does not fall within current national legislation. Depending on whether applicants are EU citizens or non-EU citizens, there is a different procedure.
Non-EU citizens requesting the recognition of their foreign academic degree must submit the following documents by the end of August - in compliance with the provisions annually issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of University and Scientific and Technological Research - to the Italian Consular offices abroad:
1. Request of degree recognition addressed to the Rector of the University of Naples "Parthenope";
2. High school diploma. If the qualification was obtained abroad, it must be translated and legally certified by the Italian Consulate which will also issue a value declaration;
3. Academic degree in its original form, with translation, legal certification and value declaration, as above;
4. Degree certificate, including the exams passed during the degree course, issued by the University, translated and legally certified;
5. Syllabuses of all the exams taken during the degree course, with the corresponding translation;
6. Two identical photographs, one of which must be authenticated by the Italian Consulate.
Applicants must additionally submit the following documents to the Admissions Office (Segreteria Studenti) by November 5th, unless the deadline is extended:
1. application form – by filling in the appropriate pre-printed form available at the Admissions Office (Segreteria Studenti);
2. receipt of payment made to the "University of Naples Parthenope" - as a first instalment of fees, including stamp duty;
3. receipt of payment made to Regione Campania, as a regional education tax;
4. authorization to process personal data.
EU citizens can submit their foreign academic title recognition application directly to the Admissions Office by November 5th, as long as the documents required are included in compliance to the procedures mentioned in the paragraph concerning non-EU citizens.
Note: The evaluation of the degree and the exams will be at the incontestable discretion of academic authorities. No written notification will be given in writing to applicants.
Enrollment to Post-graduate schools and Master’s Degrees
Foreign students living abroad are required to submit the application and the necessary documents to the Italian Consulate, which will send them to the University.