PhD Programme in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Description and learning objectives
The PhD programme in Entrepreneurship and Innovation has the objectives of developing:
- the ability to understand the dynamics related to the creation and growth of companies, the innovation of business models, the management and organization of innovative processes linked to new technologies, the development and adoption of innovative finance tools as well as an excellent knowledge of research methods;
- the ability to conceive, design, implement and adapt a research project, to solve companies’ real problems drawing on the most advanced scientific methodologies;
- the ability to develop an original research, providing a contribution that could, at least partially, deserve publication at national or international level;
- the ability to critically analyse, evaluate and summarise new and complex ideas to be taken into account when examining multidimensional phenomena, such as entrepreneurship and innovation;
- the ability to communicate with scientific, professional, entrepreneurial and managerial communities as well as with public and private policy makers;
- the ability to promote, in both academic and business contexts, a methodological, social or cultural progress.
The programme of activities concentrates on the acquisition of basic theoretical knowledge and appropriate qualitative and quantitative methodologies that are necessary for conceiving and developing research projects in the field of economic and social sciences.