The Department of Engineering is a flagship structure at the University of Naples Parthenope due to its scientific and technological research as well as teaching programs in the area of engineering.
The Department of Engineering stemmed from the academic and scientific legacy of the Institute of Electromagnetic Waves founded in the 1950s by Gaetano Latmiral, with its rich set of knowledge and skills in the field of electromagnetism and telecommunications which was pivotal at national and international level.
The Department has then expanded the range of its research activities in the different areas of Engineering (environmental, civil, management, industrial, information technology).
The Department currently offers a comprehensive variety of degree courses that include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering;
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Engineering;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Biomedical and Telecommunications Engineering;
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Master’s Degree in Management Engineering;
- Master’s Degree in Communication and Information Technologies Engineering;
- Master’s Degree in Data and Communications Security Engineering.
The Department is also involved in numerous national and international research activities, leading to a series of agreements and research contracts with relevant organizations, associations, consortia and companies.