ATTITITA' TECNICO PRATICHE COLLEGATE A MARCATORI MOLECOLARI PER LO SPORT: METODOLOGIE ANTI-DOPING
The course "MOLECULAR MARKERS FOR SPORT" (7CFU) aims to advance the knowledge of the major molecular markers closely related to sports practice. At the end of the course students could know the main sports-related serum markers and the variations related to sports practice.
The course also includes ATP-practical skills (7CFU); in the field of the practical skills provided, students will gain knowledge about the use of dietary supplements in sports practice. In particular, students will increase knowledge of the main drugs used in sports and the principle methods of analysis for their identification on different biological samples.
Biochemistry and physiology
Main course contents:
- Lactate as a marker in sports
- Muscle as an endocrine organ
- CK and muscular pathologies: myopathies
- Biochemical Aspects of Muscle Fatigue
- The Biochemical Assessment of Oxidative Stress in Sports Medicine
- Evaluation of the main biochemical-clinical markers in physical acitity
In the field of the practical technical activities, the main contens are::
- Food supplements in sport
- Doping in sport
- identification of the Prohibited Substances and Anti-Doping Techniques
- Description of a research project on the identification of new biomarkers in doping and analysis of molecular effects associated with doping (DHT and IGF-1).
P. Buono et al. “Attività fisica per la salute” Idelson-Gnocchi- Seconda edizione-2017
Francesco Salvatore “Biochimica Umana” Idelson Gnocchi – Febbraio 2013
-All updated Clinical Biochemistry text.