ANALYSIS OF SPATIAL DATA FOR GEOMARKETING (MODULE I)
The course aims to provide principles, concepts, models of spatial data analysis to support geomarketing decision making.
The course aims at developing knowledge and expertise to:
- Use analysis of spatial data to support decisions of the strategic and operational marketing
- Explore trends and relationships among business, market and competitive environment
- Use statistics methodologies and tools to support marketing decision-making and define guidelines for geolocation choices
- Interpret results of statistical methods and digital cartography tailored to define both marketing decisions and localization choices.
Basic knowledge of Statistics and Marketing
Geomarketing. Information Marketing System. Geomarketing plan. Evaluation of market and competitors. Segmentation and geotargeting. Social media, web 2.0 and geomarketing. Attractivenes, territorial competitiveness and localization decisions of the firms. Localization decisions of retail and tourism enterprises.
Traditional lectures. Exercises and case study discussion. Individual and group work projects.
- Amaduzzi S., Geomarketing. I sistemi informativi territoriali (Sit-Gis) a supporto delle aziende e della pubblica amministrazione. EPC editore.
- Mauri C. (2000), Geomarketing: principi ed applicazioni al processo di marketing, Micro e Macro Marketing, IX, n. 2, 2000.
- Mauri C. (2001), Applicazioni di Geomarketing. proposta di un metodo per selezionare il mix di negozi di un centro commerciale, Micro e Macro Marketing, X, n. 3, 2001.
- Sciarelli S., Vona R. (2009), Management della distribuzione, McGraw-Hill, cap. 8 e 11.
- Materiale a cura del docente.
The learning assessment is on an ongoing basis during the Course. Students are continuously expected to take part into work projects using computer and statistical software. The discussion of the materials produced (R programs, elaborations with SPSS and Excel, GeoDa) and the presentation of their results to the teachers and to the other students are planned at the end of the Course using slides. This stage also includes an oral assessment of all the Course contents.