BUSINESS PLAN IN THE SPORT ORGANIZATIONS
The Business Plan for Sport Oranizations course aims to introduce the student to the fundamental concepts for the study of this advanced management strument. The expected learning outcomes can also be defined according to the Dublin Descriptors, on the basis of the following scheme: 1. understand the importance of the correct preparation of a business plan; 2. identify the different elements that determine its success; 3. analyze and recognize the main errors in its drafting;
4. acquire a vision of its overall functioning and in-depth analysis of the different levels of analysis;
5. compare the phases of the content editing process; 6. understand its methods of use and presentation.
No specific binding prerequisites are set
The course is divided into two parts. The first, introductory, concerns the definition of the basic project and its multiple possibilities of finalization, while the second deals with the construction of a business plan with specific references to sports organizations. Following the path just traced, the following topics will be discussed:
1. - The business plan as a managerial tool
2. - The internal and external functions of the business plan
3. - The business plan in its relationship with the other forecasting tools (Business Plan, Budget, etc.)
4. - The regulatory framework
5. - The business idea and the analysis of the business model (business model)
6. - Key factors of business valuation
7. - Analysis of the macro-environment
8. - The forces of the competitive system according to Porter
9. - The identification of competitors, customers and suppliers
10. - Analysis methodologies
11. - The analysis s.w.o.t.
12. - Strategic aspects of the business plan
13. - The drafting of the strategic plan in its elementary articulations
14. - The system of business plans
15. - Break Even Analysis and Break Even Point (BEP) to identify feasibility
16. - Debt and the "Leverage" effect
17. - Estimation of financial needs
18. - The construction of the income statement and provisional balance sheet
19. - Sustainability of the development plan and possible situations of financial crisis. Evaluation of financial risks
20. - Performance evaluation and comparison with benchmarks
21. - Budget indices
22. - The control system and the exit strategy
23. - Formal aspects: constitutive characteristics and documental articulation
24. - Finding relevant information. The WEB as a source of information
The Business Plan Course in sports organizations deals with this management tool which is a means of communication, analysis and learning that allows a company, whether it is nascent or not, to plan its development activity and to verify its effective feasibility within the reference competitive context.
The course consists of 48 hours of frontal teaching, including thematic exercises, aimed at applying the knowledge acquired in class and further summary exercises including simulations of the exam.
Book: G.Bronconi S.Cavaciocchi, Business Plan. Come redigere un piano d'impresa efficace e completo, Editrice Il Sole 24 Ore, 2009. In addition to the book, materials of the program are the slides concerning the frontal lessons (material by the teacher downloadable from the Departement website)
The purpose of the exam is to verify the achievement of the previously indicated training objectives.
Learning is verified through:
- A written test divided into two parts: the first articulated in multiple-choice questions and the second open-ended questions on the topics of the program;
- A conclusive oral exam, optional, which deals with the whole program.
N.B. Passing the written test requires obtaining an evaluation of at least 18/30. Only students who have passed the written test can access the optional oral exam.
The program and the modalities of the final learning test are the same for those who attend and for those who do not attend lessons.