STRUCTURAL FUNDS AND EUROFUNDING
Principal object of the Course is offering to the students’ knowledges and basic competences about the project elaboration in response to European Institution, national, regional and local calls to obtain EU funds aimed to promote development objectives.
To this aim, intermediate object is the acquisition of knowledge and competences about the evolution of EU development strategies as well as the programming instruments.
At the end student should demonstrate to have acquired the following knowledge and abilities:
Knowledge and understanding abilities of problems related to structural funds and cohesion policies, with specific attention to the evolution of programming methods and instruments;
Ability to apply knowledge and understanding both in fund raising, that is the research of financial call, and in the activity of elaboration and writing of projects in response to EU, national, regional and local calls.
Ability to find legal binding acts and soft law important for cohesion policy; ability to frame acts in the EU development strategies; ability to frame the individual calls in the plant of objectives established by the documents of EU, national and regional programming; ability to apply the method of the project cycle in the elaboration of project proposal taking into account of the context, of the stakeholder exigences, of limits imposed by the call (in terms of times, admissible expenses, expense ceilings; admission and reward criteria).
Ability in the written elaboration of research projects with synthesis ability, language property (also in technical sectors), clarity in underlining the relationship between the actions that they want to realize and objectives established by the call.
Ability of learning
Ability of learning and independent critical assessment in finding the financial opportunities useful in function of the typology of the working body (public authority, undertaking, non-profit entities)
Course specific feature requires a “self-referential” framework. All the knowledge that is necessary to the suitable understanding of specific issues will be offered during the Course.
- Territorial structural divergences at the beginning of integration process;
- ECC regulatory, distributive and redistributive functions;
- Decision making in EEC non regulatory policies
- Cohesion Policy in the TFEU
- Centralized and decentralized models to program and manage structural funds;
- Common classification of territorial units for statistics (NUTS)
- EU development strategies: Agenda 2000 and Lisbon Strategy;
- Structural Fund programming in cycles 2000-2006 and 2007-2013;
- Environmental Strategic Assessment and (Assessment of the Strategic Impact of Equal Opportunities
- Financial crisis and Europe 2020;
- Programming cycle 2014-2020;
- Regulation Proposals 2021-2027;
- Direct management programs.
Eurofunding (24 h):
- Project cycle from development aid to local development;
- Project cycle phases: context analysis; swot analysis; stakeholder analysis; problem three and object three; logical framework; WBS; GANTT; audit; assessment
- From the Project cycle to euro-funding: project design, project proposal, project management.
Frontal lesson, blended support, simulation to elaborate project proposals through the project cycle method, also using project management programs that could be found open source
All the recommended materials are available on line and on the blended platform:
Parlamento Europeo, COESIONE ECONOMICA, SOCIALE E TERRITORIALE;
Camera dei Deputati, I fondi strutturali e di investimento europei 2014-2020, 21 novembre 2019;
Europedirect, Guida ai Fondi europei 2014-2020 e all’europrogettazione;
Servizio di ricerca del Parlamento europeo, Guida ai finanziamenti dell’UE 2014-2020;
J. Schunk, Il ciclo del progetto
The learning verification will consist in an oral exam where the student, to obtain the minimum score, should demonstrate, answering to several questions, the acquisition of the following knowledge and skills concerning the Structural Funds programming and the project cycle.
To obtain the maximum score, brief examples of circumstances and concrete situations where the student should demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and competences; judgement autonomy, ability to communicate and self-learn.
Due to the optional character of the course, please, contact the teacher to request modifications to the exame date.