- describe situations dealing with family, work, study, free time;
- ask for and giving information;
- give opinions and reasons for a thesis;
- analyse and discuss technical texts to get the main ideas and/or specific information;
- understand oral and written texts in the field of engineering.
CEFR B1 competences and skills
The course is meant to combine the students' linguistic and communicative needs with academic and professional knowledge and competences of engineering students.
Lectures, interactive and practical activities, mostly in English to the foster integrated reading, speaking, writing, and listening. The materials have been chosen from technical textbooks (English for Engineering).
Lansford L. and P. Astley, 2013, Oxford English for Careers: Engineering 1, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
The following units must be studied accurately:
The students will take a final written test. The test will include the reading comprehension of one or two technical texts, some lexical items and a few grammar items.