The course aims to provide students with a solid basic language preparation which is particularly intended for the development and acquisition of the skills required to approach a specialized text in French. Lectures are carried out in French with a communicative approach, and aim to improve understanding, reading skills, written and oral expression, up to a B1/B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference. The course aims to introduce the students to the terminology of economic, financial and management language.
Knowledge and understanding
Students will demonstrate to know the main morphosyntactic structures of French language and understand a text of economics.
Applying knowledge and understanding
Students will demonstrate to know how to apply the main French language morphosyntactic structures and to analyze a text of economics.
Students will demonstrate the ability to choose between different linguistic registers the ones most appropriate situational context proposed by the teacher.
Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate in French in a clear and appropriate in specific professional contexts.
Lifelong learning skills
Students must demonstrate a good capacity of learning and application of communicative functions; students will also demonstrate understanding of a specialized French text.
Not certified B1 of Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (QCER).
The course is divided into two sections, one linguistic and one specific of the field of study of the students. The linguistic section involves written and oral exercises related to the structures and essential elements of morphology, syntax and lexis of French, with a view to helping students understand and discuss both orally and in writing some key issues of daily life as well as the current issues in France to take on a possible period of mobility to study in a French-speaking country.
I module (24h)
- Phonetics and phonology; nouns; adjectives; articles; demonstrative, possessive and indefinite modifiers; numerals; personal pronouns; main prepositions; indicative with all tenses; imperative; declarative, interrogative and negative sentences;
- The perfect tenses in the indicative mood; the conditionals; the infinite; gallicisms; how to express the ideas of quantity, quality, temporality and spatiality;
- The subjunctive mood in the present tense; how to express the idea of purpose, cause, consequence and concession; the passive voice;
- Conditional clause; direct and indirect speech; concordances; how to use tenses; connecting devices.
II module (24h)
The monographic part is dedicated to a reflection on some aspects of French economics, politics, finance and tourism. Through the reading, understanding and analysis of some articles of an economic, business, financial, tourist and management nature from FLE manuals, students will also be led, gradually, to acquire familiarity with the lexicon of the disciplinary fields of study and with the specific discursive structures of these areas of knowledge.
This module will focus on these subjects:
- the French economy;
- areas of finance;
- French companies of different sectors;
- finance and globalization;
- finance and financial markets;
- the European Union;
- how to write a cv-europass;
- recommendation letter;
- job interview;
- spontaneous application for a job;
- different types of tourism.
The course will take place through lectures and use of material available on the Moodle platform of the University. Workshops will be also done in order to improve the linguistic preparation and to stimulate students towards discipline by studying and analyzing authentic texts in a foreign language. Students can also attend conferences and seminars of French professor hosted at the University.
- Recommended grammar text: Grammaire du français pour italophones, Torino, UTET, 2015;
- Dossier of texts provided by the teacher;
- Materials available on the University’s e-learning platform.
Further study material will be provided from the teacher at the beginning of the course.
The final exam includes an oral examination in French on the themes of the course. The oral examination will verify the assessment of the four linguistic skills. The exam will be passed through a “suitable/unfit” assessment.
Students who are already in possession of a proficiency language certificate in French language equal at least to a B1 level issued by an official certification institution are encouraged to contact the teacher to agree, during office hours, the material course object of the examination.
- Study course MARKETING E MANAGEMENT INTERNAZIONALE - Training course in PERCORSO COMUNE
- Study course SCIENZE ECONOMICHE FINANZIARIE E INTERNAZIONALI - Training course in PERCORSO GENERICO
- Study course ECONOMIA DEL MARE - Training course in PERCORSO GENERICO