Give the necessary tools for the autonomous development of VR and XR applications through the use of Unity3D
1. Introduction to the course and 3D graphics engines (2 hours): General information on the course; CryEngine, Unity3D and Unreal 3D engines: pros, cons and differences
2. Introduction to unity3d (2 hours): Unity installation; Creating a project; Basic elements of the development environment; Basic concepts of 3D graphics
3. Basic elements of Unity (2 hours): Development flow of a standard Unity 3D application; The scene, the game objects, the camera and the lights; Prefabs, assets and packages
4. Scripts in Unity (2 hours): Create and use scripts, Consol, Debug with Visual Studio, translation and rotation of an object, passage by parameter of a GameObject, build of a project
5. A jump in C # (4 hours): Object-oriented logic, namespaces, classes, methods, fields and attributes, components and events, coroutines
6. Applied mathematics in unity (2 hours): Vectors, matrices and quaternions
7. Visual aspect (6 hours): Materials, Texture, Shading, Lighting
8. Interaction (2 hours): Picking, animations
9. Unity and the XR (2 hours): Enable XR support in Unity 3D; Interaction in XR: UI and movements; Deploy and test on Mobile / Cardboard devices; Deploy and test on VR devices (Oculus, Vive); Deploy and test on Mixed Reality devices
General information about CryEngine, Unity3D and Unreal 3D engines: advantages, disadvantages and differences. Development of a standard Unity 3D application; The scene, the game objects, the camera and the lights; Prefabs, assets and packages.
Creating and using scripts, Consol, Debugging with Visual Studio, translation and rotation of an object, passage by parameter of a GameObject, build of a project.
Basic elements of C # and applied mathematics in unity.
Use of Materials, Textures, Shading, Lighting, Picking, animations.
Unity and the XR.
Face-to-face lessons based on Learning by doing and with a BYOD approach
 ButtField Addison, Unity Game Development Cookbook: Essentials for Every Game , O’Reilly
Edward Lavieri, Getting Started with Unity 2018 -Third Edition: A Beginner's Guide to 2D and 3D game development with Unity, Packt Publishing Ltd.
Buttolo Marco, Programmazione 3D. Creare facilmente oggetti tridimensionali con Unity, SANDIT
Patrick Felicia, Unity From Zero to Proficiency (Foundations): A step-by-step guide to creating your first game, 3rd Ed., Patrick Felicia
Presentation of a VR project with relative report and subsequent oral interview