INNOVATION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Knowledge and understanding
Extensive knowledge about processes on technological change and innovation
Knowledge about key factors of business innovation processes
Extensive knowledge about main projects management elements
Knowledge about main elements of selection and management of innovation projects
Knowledge about formulation and implementation of innovation strategy
Knowledge about the organizations supporting the innovation processes
Applying knowledge and understanding
Capability to integrate the knowledge in companies and organizations
Capability to use models and tools for the analysis of technological change and innovation
Capability to apply methods and schemes to design a control system
Capability to assess the potential and the impact of innovation in an organization
Capability to assess the potential and the impact of project management in an organization
Capability to critically evaluate the decisions about the innovation processes
Capability to support the decision making and the management of innovation projects
Interaction skills and communication in cross-functional working groups
Ability to illustrate specific problems in framing strategies of the organization
Ability to communicate effectively orally and through documentation
Capability to capture, process, outline, interpret and synthesize data and information.
Ability to learn from experience and from events new for the organization and/ or for the market
Course of Business Economics
Students must be in possession of knowledge of the issues listed below
• Firm/ organization; Entrepreneur/manager;
• Classification of firms and industries.
• Network of firms; Collaborative and competitive relationships
• Economic and competitive environment
• Factors and conditions of production; Goods/products/services/projects
• Characteristic business cycle; Economic and production processes;
• Technology/innovation; Business organization, business functions and processes
• Value creation and value chain; Competitive and functional strategies
• Cost classification, budget, investment analysis
Teacher up front lessons with use of PPT available online.
Preparation of a group work and discussion in the classroom. The presentation of the group work in the classroom is crossed between the groups.
Active participation in teacher up front lessons is required.
- TEXTBOOK: MELISSA SCHILLING, STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION, MCGRAW HILL.
- LECTURE NOTES, PAPERS AND OTHER TEACHING MATERIALS ARE MADE AVAILABLE BY THE LECTURER ON-LINE.
- OTHER READINGS:
P.K. AHMED, C.D. SHEPERD, INNOVATION MANAGEMENT, PRENTICE HALL, 2010.
1) Oral examination (60% of the final grade)
2) Writing and presentation of group project (60% of the final grade)
3) 10% of the final result is based on course attendance
Course timetable: ---------------------
Any change of schedule or classroom will be announced in the classroom.
WHERE: V Floor, South side, Office 506.
In case of impossibilities (working students, clear difficulties, etc.) send a mail to set a customized office hour.