The course aims to provide the main tools for planning, managing and controlling production and logistics processes. In this perspective, the course deals with issues concerning the tools and methods for quality management: managerial tools; the statistical tools; principles of advanced statistical control for processes.
Knowledge and understanding
Basic knowledge for the management of production processes
Good knowledge on quality strategies and policies
Knowledge of statistical process control tools
Knowledge of general criteria for inventory management and materials management
Basic knowledge of product and system certification
Applying knowledge and understanding
Ability to integrate knowledge in the field of production and quality
Ability to use management tools and software
Ability to apply and methods and criteria for planning and programming of industrial production
Ability to deepen the knowledge acquired, based on specific needs and problems
Ability to critically process data and results
Problem solving skills in the application to real cases of acquired notions
Capacity for interaction and cooperation in work groups
Ability to report on a project and present the results
Ability to communicate effectively in oral form
Ability to elaborate, schematize, summarize the acquired contents.
Ability to apply the acquired knowledge to different contexts from those presented during the course
Ability to investigate topics covered using materials other than those proposed
Analysis I, Analysis II, Probability and statistics: Resolution of derivatives and integrals; Knowledge of probability distributions.
- Goals of quality, quality management and quality policies, TQM Tools and Techniques (4 hours of lesson 0.5)
- Introduction to statistical process control: natural and accidental causes of variability, determinable causes of variability; (2 hours of lesson 2 hours of exercise - 0.5 CFU);
- Statistics: Average or central trend. Range of variability and standard deviation. Normal distribution. (4 hours of lesson 4 hours of exercise - 1 CFU);
- The Seven Quality Instruments: Data Collection Sheets, Sampling; and cause-effect diagrams (4 hours of lesson 4 hours of exercise - 1 CFU);
- The Seven Quality Instruments: Histograms, Layers and Pareto diagrams. (4 hours of lesson 4 hours of exercise - 1 CFU);
- The Seven Quality Instruments: Cause-Effect Diagrams. Correlation diagrams and regression analysis (2 hours of lesson and 2 hours of exercise - 0.5 CFU);
- Control cards for attributes and variables. Cards p. P-n cards. Cards c. Carte u. X-R Cards. (2 hours of lesson and 2 hours of exercise - 0.5 CFU);
- Process Capability: Cp and CpK indexes (2 hours of lesson and 2 hours of exercise - 0.5 CFU);
- Production management: push and pull systems. MRP and JIT. (2 hours of lesson and 2 hours of exercise - 0.5 CFU);
- Materials Planning Requirements Methods. Inventory management policy. (4 hours of lesson 4 hours of exercise - 1 CFU);
- Economic order quantity EOQ and Economic manifacturing quantity EMQ. (2 hours of lesson and 2 hours of exercise - 0.5 CFU);
- Inventory Management. Re-Order Level and Re-Order Cycle criteria. (2 hours of lesson and 2 hours of exercise - 0.5 CFU);
- Reliability engineering: R.A.M.S. Analysis (4 hours of lesson 4 hours of exercise - 1 CFU).
- Quality management and quality policies,
- Introduction to statistical process control
- The Seven Quality Instruments
- Control cards
- Process Capability: Cp and CpK indexes
- Production management
- Materials Planning Requirements Methods and inventory management
- Reliability engineering
The course is organized in lectures and exercises.
Lecture notes by Prof. Forcina
A. Galgano. The seven quality tools. Ed. Il Sole 24 ore
A. De Toni, R. Panizzolo. Production management systems. E. ISEDI
High vacuum Feigenbaum. Total Quality Control. Ed. MacGraw Hill
D. Montgomery. Introduction to statistical quality control. Ed.Wiley
The exam is divided into 2 parts that take place on the same day.
1. a written test (4 numeric and application questions) on all the topics discussed in the course. The purpose of the test is to evaluate the study and understanding of the basics and have a character selection.To pass the test and be admitted to the next one you need to solve at least 3 questions correctly. The test time is 2 hours. It is not permitted to consult texts or use PCs and smartphones;
2. an oral test to evaluate the knowledge and ability to link and compare different aspects of the course and to discuss any mistake made in the written test. The final vote depends on the oral test, regardless of the result of the written test.