The course provides the basic knowledge and the conceptual and methodological tools needed to address the study of the institutional nature of firms and businesses, their operation and process system, and the equilibrium conditions, within the three moments of the organization, management and control.
(Learning results according to the Dublin declaratives) The student have to demonstrate:
Knowledge and understanding
- understanding of the basic business dynamics,
- possessing an adequate terminology,
Applying knowledge and understanding
- ability to interpret the contents of an economic magazine when referring to business choices and behaviors,
- possessing a know-how to develop autonomous judgments about business strategies,
- understanding of the economic phenomena of the external environment,
- to be able to read a company budget,
- understanding the choices of the firms and their prevailing organizational models,
- to exhibit the ability to convey the above knowledge to others people,
- to possess the ability to easily explain the key concepts on the operating criteria of companies to people who are not familiar with them,
- to show the capacity to write a brief outline on business concepts and operating using an appropriate scientific language.
Even so, for students who do not come from technical institutes, it would be preferable to read some texts on the functioning of the economic system as a whole.
Scheduling HE TEACHING UNITS
Business economics, overview
The company system
Classification models and governance
The environment system
The company's purpose, mission and objectives
The system of operations and the dynamics of processes
The general economic control of production processes
The processes of acquiring current resources
The processes of acquiring resources with repeated fertility
Labour acquisition processes
The conditions of efficiency and effectiveness in the combination of factors
The determination of the break-even point
The financial statements: the basic elements
The balance sheet
The profit and loss account
Balance sheet analysis: ratios and leverage
The composition of internal and external forces
1) The company
2) The system of operations and the dynamics of processes
3) The general economic control of production processes
4) The financing processes
5) The processes of orientation of commercial activities and sale of products / services
6) The processes of acquisition / use of current production factors
7) The processes of acquisition / use of the labor production factor
8) The processes of acquisition / use of multiannual production factors
9) The conditions of efficiency and effectiveness in the combination of production factors
10) The conditions of company balance
11) The composition of internal and external forces (strategies)
Frontal lessons. There are also forecasted 3 seminars of 2 hours each, 6 hours devoted to case-studies discussions as well as 8 lessons devoted to the exercises.
1) Marchi L., Paolini A., 2021, Introduzione alla economia aziendale, Giappichelli.
2) Supplementary knowledges (slides) provided by the teacher available on teams.
3) Please, try to read and understand a book related to the balance principles.
In order to verify the level of understanding of the issues by the students, an intermediate and final written and sometimes oral examination is foreseen. This last at the discretion of the teacher.
Students have to be able to solve practical exercises on the break-even point, budget indices or the classification of budget items.
Evaluation of the elaborate is overall. It is not foreseen, that is, a detailed algorithm for the final score evaluation.
The teacher always is available for receiving students. Please, book an appointment before.
You can also send an email